Veronica Sopher and her teamed launched a new webpage this week. On this page you can find many interesting facts and also guidance, when you want to become an MCSA.
MCSA means Microsoft Certified Solution Associate and is the entry IT Pro Certification from Microsoft.
The program the page running under the name “90 Days to MCSA” and it’s goal is to connect you to the community as good as possible to become an MCSA.
If you want to check out he page feel free to visit 90daystoMCSA.com
For more community visit also http://borntolearn.mslearn.net, the LinkedIn learning Groupe or use Twitter Hashtags #90days2MCSA and #WinServ for MCSA Windows Server 2012 or #90days2MCSA and #SQLServer for MCSA SQL Server 2012.
So use your chance and earn your MCSA.
MCSA Windows Server 2012 Charter Member Certificate
Some weeks ago I was interviewed from Veronica Sopher (Social Media and Community Manager) for Born To Learn at Microsoft.
She asked me how how I started my road to certification and what tips I have for others who want to become certified professionals.
You can read the complete interview here and don’t miss the other interviews with Rasmus Haslund, Matt Griffin and Guido van Brakel
Born To Learn
also a questions that I want to answer for some guy’s of my community.
How can I see the exam requirements for my next Microsoft Certification without searching on Microsoft Learning Pages.
Nothing easiert than this.
1. Go to http://mcp.microsoft.com
2. Log in with your live ID that is connected to your MCP Account.
3. On your MCP Mainpage click on “My Certifcation Planer” (please enable Popups in your browser or for this page)
4. Now you see a list of all Certifications that are available from your current exam status.
5. Click on the Certification you want to earn and a Popup will open (that’s the reason for enabled Popups).
6. When you expand the requirements you see, which combination is possible to earn the Certification and if you failed a Requirement.
many people at work ask me, what to do to get the CompTIA Welcome kit shipped after they passed the Exam.
So that’s the reason why I prepared this blog.
After you have passed your Exam you receive an email. When you received this mail go to https://www.certmetrics.com/comptia/. If you don’t receive the mail after 5 day’s you can also check this page. In the past I had the issue that I didn’t get an update mail from certmetrics.
1. When you are on the Certmetrics page you have to enter you Logindata. If you never visit your account befor klick on “Never logged in before?”
2. At the startsscreen of your CompTIA Page you should see the following message.
3. Klich on Demographics
4. Update your Personal Data and than scroll down to the bottom of the page
5. when you filed out the fields and reached the bottom of the page, click on “Submit”
6. When the update was successfull you should see this message.
7. Please click on “Please continue to the next step”
8. Set the privacy settings and scroll down to the bottom of the page again.
9. At the bottom of the page click “Submit”
10. If all is correct you see this message.
11. If you want to see if your Fullfillment request was saved click “Fullfillment”
12. At the end of the page you see a table that shows you the status
When you see queued and the current date. The status will updated automaticly. The fullfillment can take up to 3 month, depending where you are located. for germany it takes up to 9 weeks.