Top Posts & Pages
- “Cache Zones” with Storage Spaces Direct & Hyper-V for Azure & AWS
- Speaking at Cloud & Datacenter Conference Germany
- Keep your files and volumes available with Windows Server 2016 and Microsoft Azure
- Book Review – Packt Publishing | Mastering Windows Server 2016
- Book Project – Implementing Azure Solutons
This article is written by @DellTechCenter Team.
Dell PowerEdge VRTX is a converged infrastructure product focused on remote, branch, and small office requirements.
This document outlines the configuration of the Dell PowerEdge VRTX 1GbE switch I/O Module (IOM) to establish basic connection to the local network. Dell PowerEdge VRTX can be configured with an integrated 1GbE pass-through switch module or an integrated 1GbE switch module. The 1GbE switch module is recommended for most applications.
You can download the guide here.
Jose Barreto wrote a blog about my favorite changes in Windows Server 2012 R2.
Automatic SMB Scale-Out Rebalancing. Why is it cool? Easy to answer, when you use a SoFS with Windows Server 2012 and one nodes fail the CSV switches over to the other Clusternode. That is ok but becomes worst when the other Clusternode comes back, because with Windows Server 2012 the is no automated rebalacing or fallback and the Clusternode redirects all traffic throw the CSV owner. This has an enormously performance decrease.
With 2012 R2, this is history and how it works you can read on Jose’s blog. Click here.
Dell recently published a new Landingpage for it’s Lifecycle Controller Integration for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
If you want to keep up to date about the integration pack, click here and bookmark the page.
John Howard from Microsoft published a script to convert generation 1 VMs to generation 2.
Check it out here.
Convert-VMGeneration converts a generation 1 virtual machine running in Hyper-V on Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows 8.1 to generation 2.
It will not convert a virtual machine that
- Has checkpoints
- Has Hyper-V replica enabled (experimental support with -IgnoreReplicaCheck)
- Is running
- Uses virtual hard disk sharing
- Is running a 32-bit guest operating system
- Is running a non-Windows guest operating system
- Is running a Windows guest operating system prior to Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012