Microsoft put the videos to prepare for Exam 74-409 (Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center) online. Enjoy watching and good luck with the exam.
Here you can find the MVA course.
If you need a voucher to take the exam for free, you can request it here. The voucher will be valid until 30th of June 2014.
Part of a series of specialized guides on System Center – this book focuses on using AppController to manage virtual machines and services across private and public clouds. Series editor Mitch Tulloch and a team of System Center experts provide concise technical guidance as they step you through key configuration and management tasks.
You can download the book here.
Microsoft uploaded a free eBook, about how to troubleshoot System Center Configuration Manager.
You can download it here.
Microsoft published a free ebook about Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Field Experience.
You can download it here.
Microsoft released a new Exam for Windows Server Hyper-V 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2.
Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center
Read more at Microsoft learning page here.
- Create and configure virtual machine settings.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: Configure dynamic memory; configure smart paging; configure Resource Metering; configure guest integration services; create and configure Generation 1 and 2 virtual machines; configure and use extended session mode, and configure RemoteFX
- Create and configure virtual machine storage.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: Create VHDs and VHDx; configure differencing drives; modify VHDs; configure pass-through disks; manage checkpoints; implement a virtual Fibre Channel adapter; configure storage Quality of Service
- Create and configure virtual networks.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: Configure Hyper-V virtual switches; optimize network performance; configure MAC addresses; configure network isolation; configure synthetic and legacy virtual network adapters; configure NIC teaming in virtual machines
Configure and Manage Virtual Machine High Availability
- Configure failover clustering with Hyper-V.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: Configure shared storage; configure Quorum; configure cluster networking; restore single node or cluster configuration; implement Cluster Aware Updating; upgrade a cluster; configure and optimize clustered shared volumes; and configure clusters without network names
- Manage failover clustering roles.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: Configure role-specific settings including continuously available shares; configure VM monitoring; configure failover and preference settings; and configure guest clustering
- Manage virtual machine movement.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: Perform Live Migration; perform quick migration; perform storage migration; import, export, and copy VMs; configure Virtual Machine network health protection; configure drain on shutdown; manage Physical-to-Virtual (P2V) and Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) migrations; and implement virtual machine migration between clouds
Implement a Server Virtualization Infrastructure
- Implement virtualization hosts.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: implement delegation of virtualization environment (hosts, services, and virtual machines) including self-service capabilities; implement multi-host libraries including equivalent objects; implement host resource optimization; integrate third-party virtualization platforms; and deploying Hyper-V hosts to bare metal
- Implement virtual machines.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: Implement highly available VMs; implement guest resource optimization including shared VHDx; configure placement rules; create a Virtual Machine Manager template
- Implement virtualization networking.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: Configure Virtual Machine Manager logical networks including virtual switch extensions and logical switches; configure IP address and MAC address settings across multiple Hyper-V hosts including network virtualization; configure virtual network optimization; plan and implement Windows Server Gateway; implement VLANs and pVLANs; plan and implement virtual machine networks; and implement converged networks
- Implement virtualization storage.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: Configure Hyper-V host clustered storage; configure Hyper-V virtual machine storage including virtual Fibre Channel, Internet SCSI (iSCSI), and shared VHDx; plan for storage optimization; and plan and implement storage by using SMB 3.0 file shares
- Manage and maintain a server virtualization infrastructure.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: Manage dynamic optimization and resource optimization; integrate Operations Manager with System Center Virtual Machine Manager and System Center Service Manager; update virtual machine images in libraries; implement backup and recovery of a virtualization infrastructure by using System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM)
Monitor and Maintain a Server Virtualization Infrastructure
- Plan and implement a monitoring strategy.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: planning considerations including monitoring servers using Audit Collection Services (ACS) and System Center Global Service Monitor, performance monitoring, application monitoring, centralized monitoring, and centralized reporting; implement and optimize System Center 2012 Operations Manager management packs; and plan for monitoring Active Directory
- Plan and implement a business continuity and disaster recovery solution.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: plan a backup and recovery strategy; planning considerations including Active Directory domain and forest recovery, Hyper-V replica including using Windows Azure Hyper-V Recovery Manager, domain controller restore and cloning, and Active Directory object and container restore using authoritative restore and Recycle Bin; and plan for and implement backup and recovery by using System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM)